Sony NEX 5T
now browsing by tag
Sony NEX camera‘s load with lots of options and features, but one that i miss form my other cameras is TIME-Laps shooting.
I was looking for different kind of remote with time laps functionality but it is nothing better them just having build in to the camera functionality.
If you have Sony NEX 5t this will be very useful apps for your camera.
You do not need to buy special remote for $69, just buy this apps for $9.99 and you will have build into the camera comprehensive time-laps settings.
This app automatically shoots a series of still images at intervals then combines them into one movie.
It’s so easy to use: just select a time-lapse mode that most closely resembles what you are shooting and let the camera do the rest!
The proper settings are automatically made for you, eliminating the need for time-consuming trial and error.
Eight time-lapse themes are available: Cloudy Sky, Night Sky, Night Scene, Sunset, Sunrise, Miniature, Standard, Custom. You can choose to save the still images as a series of photos instead of a movie.
In case you use this application on a camera which is equipped with a built-in ND Filter, set ND Filter to Off or On instead of Auto.
- Select MENU → [Application] → [Time-lapse].
- Select a theme.
Cloudy Sky Shoots cloudscapes in which clouds flow dynamically. Night Sky Shoots the movement of the stars. Night Scene Shoots cityscapes at night. Sunset Shoots sunset landscapes in which the brightness and colors change. Sunrise Shoots sunrise landscapes in which the brightness and colors change. Miniature Shoots objects such as people and cars using miniature effects. Standard Shoots with the standard settings. Custom Shoots with the desired aperture, shutter speed and other camera settings.
- Press OPTION on the theme selection screen to make following settings.
File Format Selects recording format. Interval Shoots images automatically in the specified time interval. Shots Shoots specified number of images automatically. AE Sets whether to lock exposure or not from the first shooting.
- Some settings are only available when the theme is either [Sunset], [Sunrise] or [Custom].
- [Lock(AEL)]: Lock exposure to the one of first shooting.
- [Tracking]: Adopt the exposure according to the change of brightness for each shooting.
- [Tracking Sens.: High]/[Tracking Sens.: Mid]/[Tracking Sens.: Low]: Select the speed at which to adopt the exposure according to the change of brightness.
- When you press [Reset], the contents set by OPTION will return to the default settings.
- Change the shooting settings of the camera such as ISO sensitivity and exposure compensation, using MENU and [Application settings] as required.
- The [Interval] may be longer than the set value depending on the shutter speed setting and other camera settings.
- Settings that cannot be changed manually because of the selected theme are displayed in gray.
- Press the shutter button to shoot images.
- In movie mode, a movie file is saved in the dedicated application directory.When using a Memory Stick: The file is saved in the directory below /MSSONY/CAM_APPS/APP_TLPS/When using a SD card: The file is saved in the directory below /PRIVATE/SONY/APP_TLPS/
- To select another theme, select MENU → [Application Top], and display the top page of [Time-lapse].
- To exit the [Time-lapse] application, select MENU → [Exit App.].When [Time-lapse] ends, the settings return to the original settings.
- To copy movie files created with this application to a computer, insert the memory card which contains the movie files into the computer.Or use the USB cable to connect the camera to a computer and transfer the movie files using the latest version of PlayMemories Home.
When the theme you selected is either [Sunset], [Sunrise], or [Custom], you can set [Interval Priority] using MENU.
- [On]: Shoots images at the same shooting interval value that was set.
- [Off]: Shoots images at the shutter speed interval when the shutter speed is longer than the shooting interval value that was set.
- Tracking focus, touch AF and touch shutter functions cannot be operated by touching the screen, even if you are using a model equipped with a touch panel.
- The recommended exposure for the selected theme is applied, but the recommended exposure may not be obtained depending on the lens used.
- You cannot use the flash.
- Parts replacement due to excessive use may incur a charge.
- Do not directly shoot the sun. This may damage the image sensor.
- Movie files created using this application cannot be transferred to a computer or a Smartphone, etc. by Wi-Fi connection.
- All illustrations in this guide are representative images.
- When using the USB cable, if you do not follow the procedure above, you may not be able to copy the movie files to the computer. In such cases, set MENU → [Setup] → [USB Connection] → [Mass Storage].
- For further information about camera functions and settings supported by this application, see below.
PlayMemories Camera Apps > Time-lapse > Specifications
- Select MENU → [Application] → [Time-lapse].
- Press the (Playback) button.
- Select the image you want to play back using </>.
- Press the (Index) button to play back images on the index screen.
- To exit the [Time-lapse] application, press the > (Playback) button again to return to shooting screen and select MENU → [Exit App.].
- Only the images and movies shot or created using the [Time-lapse] application can be played back while [Time-lapse] is activated.
- Images shot in movie mode are played back using only simple playback which has a lower playback rate.
- When playing back recorded contents on a computer, playback may not be smooth depending on the computer environment.
- When the image database file is deleted, image playback may not be possible in the Time-lapse application.
- If a part of the images recorded in still image mode is deleted, image playback may not be possible in the Time-lapse application.
Time Lapse Video Sample:
Recorded Image Format
|Image size (*1)||Still: L, M, S
Movie: 1920×1080, 1280×720
|Aspect Ratio (*1)||Still: 16:9, 3:2, 4:3, 1:1
|Quality (*1)||Still: RAW, RAW & JPEG, Extra Fine, Fine, Standard|
|Frame Rate||30p, 24p|
|File Format||Still: RAW, JPEG
Movie: AVI (Motion JPEG)
|Shooting Mode (*1)||P, A, S, M|
|Drive Mode||Single Shooting|
|Flash Mode||Flash Off|
|Focus Mode (*1)||Single-shot AF, DMF, Manual Focus|
|Autofocus Area (*1)||Wide, Center, Flexible Spot|
|Touch Shutter||Not supported|
|Object Tracking||Not supported|
|Zoom feature of the camera(*1)||Supported|
|Face Detection||Not supported|
|Smile Shutter||Not supported|
|Auto Portrait Framing||Not supported|
|Soft Skin Effect (*1)||Still: Supported (*2)
Movie: Not supported
|LCD Display (*1)||Display All Info., No Disp. Info., Level, Histogram|
|Finder Display (*1)||Disp. Basic Info, Level, Histogram|
|ISO Sensitivity (*1)||Auto, 50 to 25600|
|White Balance (*1)||Auto WB, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluor.: Warm White, Fluor.: Cool White, Fluor.: Day White, Fluor.: Daylight, Flash, C.Temp./Filter, Underwater Auto, Custom|
|DRO/Auto HDR||Not supported|
|Picture Effect (*1)||Still, Movie: Off, Toy Camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono., Miniature
Still: Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Mono., Watercolor, Illustration
|Creative Style (*1)||Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Black & White, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Night Scene, Autumn leaves, Sepia|
Application Feature Restrictions Based on Camera Model
|NEX-5R, NEX-5T, NEX-6,
α7 (System software version 1.01),
α7R (System software version 1.01)
|AE tracking sensitivity cannot be set. When AE is set to [Tracking], exposure is determined independently frame by frame.|
Focus Area Setting Displays for the NEX-5R, NEX-5T, and NEX-6
On the NEX-5R, NEX-5T, and NEX-6, depending on the firmware version, the terms for Focus Area setting displays may differ when used in applications and when used outside applications, as shown in the table below. The actual functions are the same.
|When not using application||Wide||Multi||Spot||Center||Local||Flexible Spot|
|When using application||Wide||Multi / Wide||Spot / Center||Center||Local / Flexible Spot||Flexible Spot|