Sample IQ Test Questions
now browsing by tag
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” -Albert Einstein
IQ of famous people:
#Albert Einstein at the age of 12 – 160
#Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft – 160
#The great physicist, Stephen Hawking – 160
IQ Test Questions
IQ questions would be found on IQ tests. These questions are intended to assess a variety of mental abilities and skills, and therefore cover a wide range of different types of intelligence. Below are some general examples of the types of questions that might be found on an IQ test:
- Analogies (mathematical and verbal)
- Pattern driven (spatial and mathematical)
While those are the general areas that an IQ test might examine, it is useful to see more specific questions. Here are a few test questions that could be encountered on an IQ test.
|Sample IQ Test Questions|
1. Rearrange the following letters to make a word and choose the category in which it fits.
Correct answer: bird (parakeet)
1. Which number should come next in this series?
Correct answer: 10
1. Which diagram results from folding the diagram on the left?
Correct answer: A
1. Pick the piece that’s missing from the diagram below
Correct answer: A
2. Which number does not belong?
Correct answer: 17
4. Which number should come next in the series
1, 3, 6, 10, 15,
2. Find the picture that follows logically from the diagrams to the right.
Correct answer: C
- Which number should come next in the pattern?
37, 34, 31, 28
Answer: 25, the numbers are decreasing by 3
- Find the answer that best completes the analogy:
Book is to Reading as Fork is to:
- Find two words, one from each group, that are the closest in meaning:
talkative, job, ecstatic
angry, wind, loquacious
- talkative and wind
- job and angry
- talkative and loquacious
- ecstatic and angry
Answer: c. Talkative and Loquacious
- Which of the following can be arranged into a 5-letter English word?
- H R G S T
- R I L S A
- T O O M T
- W Q R G S
Answer: b. rails and c. motto
- What number best completes the analogy:
8:4 as 10:
The answer is 5 because 4 is half of 8, and 5 is half of 10.