Born for Love
now browsing by tag
“Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” – Books by Leo Buscaglia
Felice Leonardo “Leo” Buscaglia PhD (March 31, 1924 – June 12, 1998), also known as “Dr. Love,” was an American author and motivational speaker, and a professor in the Department of Special Education at the University of Southern California.
At one point his talks, always shown during PBS fund raising periods, were the top earners of all PBS programs. This national exposure, coupled with the heartfelt storytelling style of his books, helped make all of his titles national Best Sellers; five were once on the New York Times Best Sellers List simultaneously.
While teaching at USC, Buscaglia was moved by a student’s suicide to contemplate human disconnectedness and the meaning of life, and began a non-credit class he called Love 1A. This became the basis for his first book, titled simply LOVE. His dynamic speaking style was discovered by the Public Broadcasting System (PBS) and his televised lectures earned great popularity in the 1980s.
Love (1972) – Love by Leo Buscaglia, you can buy this book and audio-books here
The Way of the Bull Book by Leo Buscaglia (1973)
The Fall of Freddie the Leaf (1982) – Read and Buy this book here
Living, Loving and Learning (1982) – Read and Buy this Book Here
Loving Each Other (1984)
Amar a los demás (1985)
Personhood (1986) – Personhood: The Art of Being Fully Human
Where to buy this book – Bus 9 to Paradise (1987)
Papa My Father (1989) – buy this book here
book by Leo Buscaglia- Because I Am Human (1972)
The Disabled and Their Parents: A Counseling Challenge (1983)
Seven Stories of Christmas Love (1987)
A Memory for Tino (1988) – Buy Book by Leo Buscaglia
Book Born for Love (1992) by Leo Buscaglia
Life Changing Lessons to Learn from Leo Buscaglia.
1. What we call the secret of happiness is no more a secret than our willingness to choose life.
2. It’s not enough to have lived. We should be determined to live for something. May I suggest that it be creating joy for others, sharing what we have for the betterment of person kind, bringing hope to the lost and love to the lonely. – Just living is not enough.
3. Change is the end result of all true learning.
4. The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live. -The greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
5. Success often lies just on the other side of failure.
6. Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.
7. When we cling to pain we end up punishing ourselves.
8. You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you.
9. Love is the ability and willingness to allow those you care for to be themselves.
10. We never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought, and decision we make.
11. The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be.
12. Love yourself, because without you the rest of us are without a source of many wonderful things.
13. Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.
14. True love is dedicated to continual becoming.
15. There are not kinds of love, love is love; there are only degrees of love.
16. You can be what you want to be.
17. Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.
18. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity.
19. Without love, we too, like the infant left alone, would cease to grow and develop.
20. You don’t love to be loved; you love to love.
21. Life is a continuous spiritual practice. The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another’s, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises.
22. I have a very strong feeling that the opposite of love is not hate – it’s apathy. It’s not giving a damn.
23. Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations. Make no one your idol. They will never live up to your expectations.
24. Life lived for tomorrow will always be just a day away from being realized.
25. I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things… I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind.
There is great joy in the simple things.